Best food waste reduction and collection system
This award will be given to the company, organisation, team or project – or group of different entities working together - that demonstrates how the system it has developed is both reducing food waste and maximising the quantity and quality of food waste extracted from the waste stream and collected for anaerobic digestion, either from households or commercial organisations, through effective source segregation.
Nominees will be judged by reference to the following information:
- Stated objectives
- Summary of the food waste reduction and collection system, including a comparison against the previous situation and to other schemes, together with data evidencing the effectiveness of the system
- Any problems which had to be overcome
- How the system has (a) reduced the quantity of food waste generated, and (b) increased the quantity and quality of food waste collected and sent to AD, together with ‘before and after’ data
- How the business, service or project has educated and communicated the benefits of reducing and recycling food waste to the people generating the food waste and using the system
- Any further cost, time and GHG savings or additional revenues that are, or will be, made
Who should enter?
Businesses offering waste measurement and/or collection equipment or services, waste collection and recycling companies, waste brokers/facilitators, local authorities, utilities, food & drink manufacturers, AD operators, hospitality businesses, farmers, any business or public body (schools, hospitals etc) sending their waste to AD, consultants, researchers and other organisations facilitating food waste reduction and collection.
Rules for entry
- Entries open to UK and international entities.
- Entries should be no longer than 1,500 words with no more than 4 x A4 pages of supporting information