Best food waste AD plant UK
This award will be given to the best merchant food waste AD plant located in the UK. Plants taking food waste from any source are eligible, including those co-digesting food waste with other materials.
As a nominee you will be judged by reference to the following information:
- A summary of the AD plant including the feedstock, outputs and the main technologies used as well as the objectives and criteria for success
- Details about how the plant makes the most of its feedstock, biogas and digestate and if appropriate the benefits delivered to the business with supporting data/information
- Evidence and data demonstrating the efficiency of all aspects of the plant, including pre-treatment processes, digester performance and output processes, including carbon and cost savings for the project and business, and how this project makes best use of the feedstocks and all products produced by the plant
- Details of any specific challenges that were overcome in the development of this plant
- Why this plant is better than other merchant food waste AD plants to justify winning this award
Who should enter?
Designers, builders, developers and operators of AD plants, water utility, energy and network companies and businesses, food & drink businesses, farming businesses, waste management companies, technology and equipment suppliers, consultants.
Rules for entry
- At least 50% of the feedstocks going into the digester must be food waste
- Entries open for AD plants located in the UK
- Entries should be no longer than 1,500 words with no more than 4 x A4 pages of supporting information