Best international agricultural plant
This award will be given to the best agricultural AD project of any size located outside the UK.
Nominees will be judged by reference to the following information:
- Summary of the project including the feedstock, outputs and main technologies used, an outline of the farming business or businesses connected with it, as well as the objectives and criteria for success
- How the project has achieved the objectives outlined above
- Any challenges or successes faced in project delivery and how they were overcome
- The benefits the project has delivered for the farming business and environment, with particular emphasis on financial, environmental and biodiversity benefits. Please include relevant before and after data/information to evidence this
- Evidence demonstrating how the AD plant has helped the farm to operate in a more climate smart or sustainable way, for example reducing GHG emissions, generating renewable energy, recycling of nutrients/organic matter, enhancing the soil, reducing chemical inputs
- Why this plant is better than other agricultural AD plants to deserve winning this award
Who should enter?
Farmers (including combines and joint ventures), land managers, designers, builders, developers and operators of AD plants, water utility, network and energy companies, technology and equipment suppliers, digestate treatment companies, seed manufacturers, consultants.
Rules for entry
- Entries open for AD plants located outside the UK only
- Entries should be no longer than 1,500 words with no more than 4 x A4 pages of supporting information