Best on-farm AD plant UK
This award will be given to the best on-farm AD project of any size located in the UK.
Nominees will be judged by reference to the following information:
- Summary of the project including the feedstock, outputs and main technologies used, an outline of the farming business or businesses as well as the objectives and criteria for success
- How the project has achieved the objectives outlined above
- Any challenges/issues faced in project delivery and how they were overcome
- Evidence and data demonstrating the efficiency of all aspects of the plant, including pre-treatment processes, digester performance and output processes, including carbon and cost savings for the project and business, and how this project makes best use of the feedstocks and all products produced by the plant
- The benefits the project has delivered for the farming business and environment, with particular emphasis on financial, environmental and biodiversity benefits, including relevant before and after data to evidence these benefits
- Evidence demonstrating how the AD plant has helped the farm to operate in a more climate smart and sustainable way, for example reducing GHG emissions, generating renewable energy, recycling of nutrients/organic matter, reducing chemical inputs, improving the soil
- Why this plant is better than other on farm AD plants to justify winning this award
Who should enter?
Farmers (including combines and joint ventures), land managers, AD designers, builders, developers, operators, technology and equipment suppliers, digestate treatment companies, seed manufacturers and consultants.
Rules for entry
- Entries open for AD plants located in the UK only
- Entries must be for AD plants on a farm and/or delivering benefits to farming enterprises
- Entries should be no longer than 1,500 words with no more than 4 x A4 pages of supporting information