Innovation in sewage treatment through AD
This award will be given to the water utility, company or project demonstrating the highest level of innovation in treating sewage sludge through anaerobic digestion. Nominees can be a water utility, company, project, technology, process or design which has been applied on one or more sites.
Nominees will be judged by reference to the following information:
- The stated objectives
- How the process or technology has achieved the stated objectives by improving the efficiency, reliability, sustainability, performance and/or process of sewage treatment through AD
- Comparison of the nominated technology, process or design to previous AD solutions either at the existing AD plant or a previous comparable plant if the nominated project is a new build
- What issues the project has faced and how your innovation has helped overcome these
- Data evidencing the cost, carbon or other savings delivered against the stated objectives
Who should enter?
Water utilities, designers, builders, developers and operators of AD plants, technology and equipment suppliers, consultants, researchers.
Rules for entry
- At least 50% of the feedstocks going into the digester must be sewage sludge
- Entries open to UK and international entities
- Entries should be no longer than 1,500 words with no more than 4 x A4 pages of supporting information