Making the most of biogas
This award will be given to any entity or project demonstrating the best use of the gas output of an anaerobic digestion plant. Whether the biogas is used for electricity production and heat (CHP), upgraded and injected into the national gas grid or used as a transport fuel, nominees need to demonstrate that they are using the biogas produced in the most efficient, site-appropriate and economically viable way to maximise the value achieved (in the broadest sense).
As a nominee you will be judged by reference to the following information:
- Stated objectives.
- Summary of the project including the conversion technology used, the ultimate use or uses made of the biogas and the benefits derived
- The energy conversion achieved as well as all other environmental and financial benefits made, supported by data
- How the way in which the biogas is converted would compare to other technologies or options for this particular project
- Data clearly evidencing the achievements against the objectives
Who should enter?
AD technology and equipment suppliers, fuel providers, AD designers, builders, developers and operators, water utility, energy and network companies, fleet operators, local authorities, food and drink businesses, farmers, vehicle manufacturers, consultants, and researchers.
Rules for entry
- Entries open to UK and international entities
- Entries should be no longer than 1,500 words with no more than 4 x A4 pages of supporting information