Welcome to the ADBA website
ADBA is the trade association for the anaerobic digestion (AD) industry in the UK and companies and organisations working on novel technologies and processes that compliment the anaerobic digestion process and products. With our members we promote the economic and environmental benefits of AD in the UK.
We represent organisations from many sectors including: AD operators, AD developers, AD equipment providers, water companies, farmers, food & drink retailers, waste companies, universities and more.
On this site you can find out all about anaerobic digestion and how our organisation can help you.
Anaerobic digestion is the simple, natural breakdown of organic matter into biogas (carbon dioxide and methane) and organic fertiliser called digestate. It is a similar process to that which takes place in the stomach of a cow.
Bioresources include technologies and processes which are complementary to the AD process and can help increase profitability and efficiency.
Why join ADBA?
Supply Chain – ADBA is where our industry meets to share ideas, learn best practice – and do business. Being a member of ADBA means you are part of the entire AD community, to build relationships and business partnerships.
Operators – At ADBA we know that our industry is new – and ever-changing. ADBA members can rest assured that they have access to the latest technical information, interpretation of regulations and personal advice from our expert team. Being a member means you can access the knowledge and experience of the whole market.
What's in the Members' Area
- Market Analysis
- FIT - Explained
- RHI - Explained
- Sustainability Criteria
- Health and Safety Hub
- Consultations Hub
- Environmental Permitting Hub
- Members’ Meetings and Regulatory Forums
- Using your membership
- Working groups
- ADBA Operator Groups
- Business opportunities
- The Practical Guide to AD
- ADBA Market & Policy Reports 2016 & 2017 for members
- Precedent Feedstock Supply Agreement
- ADBA team contact details
- Welcome Pack
Services we offer
- 19.03.2018Celebrating the first AD plant certified under the AD Certification Scheme
- 19.03.2018BEIS call for evidence on A Future Framework for Heat
- 19.03.2018MEMBER’S PRESS RELEASE: CooperOstlund director appointed to the ADBA Advisory Board
- 19.03.2018Free legal advice clinics at ADBA Regulatory Forum
We run a range of events throughout the year to increase awareness of the anaerobic digestion industry and bring the industry together. From our trade show in July, which brings together over 3,500 visitors and more than 200 exhibitors, to our intimate working groups we offer great events all year round.
You will find a wealth of useful guides, presentations and documents in our Library section
- AD & Bioresources News
- ADBA Market & Policy Reports 2016 & 2017
- ADBA Briefings
- Beginners’ Guides
- Best Practice Scheme & Guidance
- Case Studies
- AD Strategy and Action Plan
- Outside Organisation Reports
- Research & Development (R&D)
- Working Group Documents
- ADBA Past Events
- ADBA Membership Directory
- AD map