ADBA’s flagship event returns, virtually, in February 2021, themed:
Green Gas: ready to go, ready to scale, ready to deliver Net Zero
This is the decisive decade of decarbonisation and AD is ready to deliver today. The UK generates millions of tonnes of organic wastes (sewage, manures, slurries and other agricultural wastes, food and food & drink processing wastes), most of which goes to landfill: 70% of all wastes worldwide are dumped in the open atmosphere, resulting in serious GHG and public health issues. AD can play a key role in processing these wastes safely, capturing the resultant methane, and recycling them into useful green products. The technology is mature, proven, ready to go, ready to scale, ready to deliver Net Zero. The sector is also futureproofed, compatible with hydrogen infrastructure and well advanced in developing its biorefining capabilities.
The ADBA National Conference will address the hardest to decarbonise sectors of transport, heat and agriculture, as well as look at the financial structures that can best support AD in the Green post-Covid Recovery.
The programme will be updated very soon.
2021 key themes include:
- Realising the potential of biomethane in transport
- The role of AD and Green Gas in decarbonising heat
- Agriculture and AD- working together for Net Zero
- Digestate – How AD impacts clean air
- Financing the Green Recovery in the UK
- The impact of new Food Waste regulations for AD in the UK