Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI)
Products & Services
BUSINESS SUPPORT: LOW CARBON PRODUCTS & SERVICES
During these challenging times, companies are seeking new ways to survive, evolve and expand. Growth opportunities from net zero could be one such good route to explore. As customer demand for low carbon goods and services is rising, it is becoming increasingly important for suppliers to demonstrate their carbon footprint. More and more businesses are reviewing their supply chain emissions. All of these factors will drive growth in the low carbon market sectors including bioenergy, energy-from-waste, energy systems and bioproducts.
VALUE FROM WASTE
The world-leading Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI) at Aston University helps entrepreneurs and business leaders to develop new low carbon products and services from unwanted material, such as manufacturing, agricultural, packaging and food waste. Items such as cardboard boxes, plastic waste, sawdust, waste oils, manure, hay straw, sugar beet residue, spent grain waste from breweries are only a few examples of waste that could potentially open up fresh possibilities for your business.
NEW BUSINESS HORIZONS
If you are looking to develop new low carbon products and services, or simply looking for guidance on market sectors, here’s how our team of scientists, researchers and business specialists can help you:
– Consultation: devised to help you explore the growing low carbon market and its opportunities
– Bespoke reports, including market and economic
– Technology advice and assessment
EBRI can offer you specialist advice and guidance in the following areas:
– Anaerobic Digestion (AD)
– Biological processes
– Energy-from-Waste (EfW)
– Energy systems
– Thermal processes
– Value Chain
WE CAN HELP YOU:
– Produce new high value materials from waste which can be commercialised.
– Create new value-from-waste products by turning them into energy.
– Generate new value from better management of energy use and generation, using advanced control systems to
optimise heating, cooling and electricity.
– Develop new opportunities in emerging and disruptive marketplaces.
– Connect to other companies in the energy and bioproducts supply chains.
We have helped businesses from a wide range of industry sectors including agricultural, engineering, waste management, construction, financial services, marketing and food manufacturing.
See attached case study, Modus Waste & Recycling, which demonstrates how EBRI helped an entrepreneur, who founded a waste food collection service from local businesses every week. The waste material collected is fed into an AD plant to create biogas for the local community.
– To see some other example case studies visit www.bioenergy-for-business.org/case-studies/
– To hear from some local companies we have supported have a look at https://bioenergy-for-business.org/reviews/
NO COST – 30 MINUTE CONSULTATION
If you are looking for help to develop new low carbon products and services, we are at hand to give you guidance and recommendations. Book a 30 minute surgery session at no cost to your business. We can hold a consultation with you by phone or through the internet, whichever is most convenient. After our discussions with you, we will then provide you a bespoke summary of our recommendations, research findings and other useful information to help your company.
Call 0121 204 3383, email email@example.com or visit www.bioenergy-for-business.org
The Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI) at Aston University has been committed to the research and development of sustainable energy technologies and solutions since the 1970s. Our team of internationally-renowned researchers focuses on methods of generating energy, fuels and chemicals from biomass, wastes and residues.
We act as a focus for worldwide activities on scientific and technological aspects of biomass production, conversion and utilisation of products for renewable power, heat, transport fuels, hydrogen and chemicals. EBRI’s capabilities cover the breadth of advanced thermal, and catalytic conversion processes. These include gasification, pyrolysis, catalysis and upgrading of biomass, wastes and plastics to high quality products and fuels. We also specialise in the biological conversion of biomass, including microalgae and Anaerobic Digestion (AD).
Allied to this is EBRI’s expertise in environmental, social and economic impacts of bioenergy systems; smart distributed energy systems; supply chains; logistics; analytics; energy and power systems. We welcome collaboration opportunities with academia, government bodies and industry both locally and internationally and actively bids for new research and industrial engagement.
KEY AREAS OF RESEARCH
– Biological conversion of biomass, including microalgae and Anaerobic Digestion (AD)
– Thermochemical processing, including pyrolysis and gasification to produce liquid and gaseous fuels
– Catalyst development, production and characterisation
– Integration of conversion technologies in biorefinery systems to deliver sustainable bioproducts
– Environmental, social and economic impacts of bioenergy systems
– Smart distributed energy systems including Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) technology
EBRI provides practical bioenergy and energy systems solutions for businesses to explore the growing Energy-from-Waste (EfW) and bioproducts markets, and the opportunities they offer. We offer specialist support, cutting-edge technologies and bespoke events, including the highly acclaimed EBRI ‘Value from Waste’ Master Class. Further details about how we can help your business can be found in the Products/Services section.