The Biomethane Certification Scheme (BMCS) has been given a makeover throughout the last 12 months and is now hosted on the Green Gas Trading (GGT) website. The BMCS is a UK based registry for administering biomethane certificates that are commonly known as green gas certificates.
GGT owns and operates the scheme for producers, traders, suppliers, and end-consumers of green gas and biomethane. The scheme currently has the lowest lifecycle costs of certificates in the UK and has 23 biomethane plants registered to the scheme that are ‘greening the grid’.
The purpose of the company is to enable producers to divorce the “green value” of their product from the easily priced commodity of gas. This allows producers to generate income from their green credentials whilst the consumers of the certificates can provide evidence to a final customer that a given share or quantity of energy was produced from renewable sources, which is biomethane in this case.
The new website provides:
- a tendering page for buying and selling surplus certificates
- a list of current producers, traders, and suppliers.
- information on certificate use and Green Gas Trading’s Biomethane Certification Scheme (BMCS)
- member-only access for viewing quarterly reports and uploading tenders
- joining and scheme fees
- example certificates
- information for support with the Grexel registry
The leadership team includes specialists in anaerobic digestion, trading, and law. The company will continue to drive the green gas industry forwards in the interests of its producers, suppliers and consumers.
For further information, please contact:
Grant or Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Green Gas Trading Limited was established in May 2012 and is owned by a range of shareholders comprising members of the Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas Association (ADBA), ADBA itself and environmental investors.GreenGasTrading