Two weeks ahead of the ADBA National Conference 2013 (3 December, Westminster), we asked our speakers ‘Realistically, what are the top three things you want to achieve in the next two years?’ Here are some of their responses:
Michael Chesshire, Managing Director, Evergreen Gas
- To have 30 working AD plants on farms in the UK by December 2015
- To have demonstrated the viability of community AD, including food waste
- To have introduced small-scale AD of sewage sludge
Michael will be speaking in the session ‘Can we afford not to recycle nutrients and organic matter?’ at 11.30 – 13.00.
Tony Juniper, Sustainability and Environmental Advisor, TonyJunpier.com Ltd
To reposition the environment versus economy debate so that we stop talking about false choices and instead discuss how to achieve the real integration between the two. I’d like to publish a new book on that as well. Second I’d like to help some real leaders on the private sector side of this to achieve commercial success through sustainability. Third, I’d like to fix my schedule so that there is a better fit between work and some other things, especially some fishing and bird watching.
Tony will be chairing the session ‘Can we afford not to recycle nutrients and organic matter?’ at 11.30 – 13.00.
Pete Pearce, Wastewater Innovation Manager, Thames Water
- To advance the designs for concrete proposals for an integrated advanced energy recovery installation
- To identify cost effective processes for recovery of phosphorus from sewage sludge
- To further influence the rapid replacement of sludge treatment centres without AD with modern AD processes
Pete will be chairing the session ‘How will industry growth and changing regulations affect land bank availability?’ at 16.00 – 17.30.
Asif Rehmanwala, Director of Wholesale, Ecotricity
- Build a Biomethane plant
- Build one of the largest onshore wind parks in the UK
- Grow our customer base to 150k+
Asif will be speaking in the session ‘Perspectives on renewable energies and the cost of energy’ at 10.35 – 10.45.
Alexander Maddan, Chief Executive, Agrivert
- Use heat effectively
- Reduce packaging disposal costs
- Keep 3 AD plants full and at full power
Alexander will be speaking in the session ‘How can we demonstrate good operational performance?’ at 14.00 – 15.30.