Innovate UK and BBSRC announce new £16 million competition to drive forward novel, resource efficient, low-emission food production systems.
This new competition will support the development of novel food production systems that create new sources of resource efficient, low-emission foods, particularly proteins to deliver healthy and sustainable diets.
They welcome proposals that have the potential to significantly shift the current state of the art in at least 1 or more of the following 6 priority areas:
- novel plant based products or production systems
- acellular food production
- cellular food production
- novel aquaculture systems
- new food production systems
- total controlled environment agriculture systems
This exciting new competition opens for applications on 18 January 2023.
Find out more about the competition at: novel, low-emission food production systems: industrial research.