AD and biogas industry celebrates its 2019 champions
• 2019 Awards winners revealed across 14 categories
• Black-tie ceremony on 3rd July celebrates industry excellence in the UK and worldwide
• Potential of biogas to address global challenges highlighted earlier in the day at World Biogas Summit.
The crème de la crème in the anaerobic digestion (AD) and biogas industry gathered at the AD & Biogas Industry Awards Ceremony 2019 in Birmingham on 3rd July to celebrate those organisations and individuals who demonstrated outstanding commitment to innovation and excellence in support of this game-changing sector over the past year.
Jointly organised by the UK Anaerobic Digestion and Bioresources Association (ADBA) and the World Biogas Association (WBA), the 2019 Awards competition recognised companies and people from around the world across 14 categories – ranging from Clever Use of Outputs to Best R&D Innovation, Most Circular City, AD Hero of the Year and International Knowledge & Collaboration.
Over 400 guests attended the glittering black-tie gala dinner hosted by BBC Reporter and Eco-adventurer Andy Pag, who revealed the Winners and Highly-Commended entries.
ADBA Chief Executive Charlotte Morton said:
'AD and biogas can make an unrivalled contribution to cutting global CO2 emissions and tackling the climate emergency. We only have a limited time left to stop damaging our planet and everyone in the sector has their part to play in this vital mission. To make a real difference, we need an industry that is innovative, safe and effective. Congratulations to tonight’s Awards winners and highly commended organisations and individuals. They are the proof, alongside all those who entered this year’s competition, that we can be a world-beating sector. Our thanks go to them all.'
WBA President David Newman said:
'This morning (3rd July) we launched a major report on the global potential of biogas in addressing the environmental crisis and supporting the development of a sustainable circular economy. The people recognised tonight are at the forefront of our efforts to realise that potential. Their dedication, ingenuity and commitment to excellence inspire us all to continue championing the benefits of our game-changing sector and to tirelessly engage with world governments and international policy makers, investors and influencers to ensure they provide our industry with the political, regulatory, financial and social framework it needs for growth. Congratulations to our worthy winners in leading the way.'
The Winners and Highly Commended entries 2019 are:
Clever Use of Outputs
Winner: Strutt & Parker Biogas Ltd, Suffolk Green Renewable CO2
West Country Soil Improvements, Bloomin’ Amazing
Greve Biogass, The Magic Factory
Best R&D Innovation – Sponsored by Cooper Östlund Ltd
Winner: Perlemax Ltd and Partner Viridor, In situ Ammonia Removal in the Desai-Zimmerman Anaerobic Digester
Highly Commended: Severn Trent Green Power, Severn Trent Green Power Derby
AD Hero of the Year – Sponsored by Future Biogas
Winner: Alexander Madden, Agrivert Ltd
Highly Commended: Neil Gemmell, Clayton Hall Farm
AD Rising Star
Winner: Chris Hoare, Amur
Best Anaerobic Digestion/Biogas Support
Winner: Evolution Biogas Ltd
Highly Commended: Octego, Committed to ADding Value
International Knowledge & Collaboration – Sponsored by Yasasu
Winner: Thai Biogas Energy Company Ltd, KIT Biomethane Project
Winner: Yasasu EMS Private Ltd
Best Biogas Plant (on-farm, food waste or sewage) ≤ 1MWe-equivalent – Sponsored by Vogelsang
Winner: Ekogea, Hendwr Farm AD
Highly Commended: Technical Bioenergy Crete
Best Biogas Plant ≥ 1MWe-equivalent – Sponsored by Pentair
Winner: Boxford (Suffolk) Farms Ltd
Highly Commended: Severn Trent Green Power, Severn Trent Green Power North London
Best Biogas Marketing Campaign – Sponsored by ABA
Winner: Greve Biogass, The Magic Factory
Highly Commended: Ancitel Energia e Ambiente S.p.A., Virtual Reality Biogas Experience
Most Circular City
Winner: Technical Bioenergy Crete
Highly Commended: Boxford (Suffolk) Farms Ltd
For further information, contact:
Jocelyne Bia, e: firstname.lastname@example.org ; tel: +44 (0)7910 878510
Notes to editors
• AD is a natural biological process that converts organic wastes and energy crops into renewable heat and power, clean transport fuel, and nutrient-rich biofertiliser. AD has the potential to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions by around 20% and can help to meet nine of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
• Now in their 8th year, the annual AD and Biogas Industry Awards organised by the UK Anaerobic Digestion and Bioresources Association and the World Biogas Association celebrate the companies and individuals who have made the greatest contribution to delivering the benefits of AD and biogas across the UK and around the world.
• The Awards Ceremony takes place at the end of Day 1 of the annual two-day UK AD and World Biogas Expo, which also this year introduced a new, co-located World Biogas Summit.