Funding competition: Agri-Tech Catalyst
Agri-Tech catalyst is a competition which has the aim of increasing the pace and scale of uptake of agricultural innovation by farmers in developing countries. The competition aims to achieve:
- A sustained reduction of poverty and hunger for smallholder farmers
- A sustainable intensification in developing country agriculture
- Improvements in human health and diversity in diets and nutrition
- A positive impact on rural income and food security
- Opportunities for trade in agricultural products
We expect projects to range in size depending on the award category. Total project costs could be:
- £150,000 to £400,000 for early-stage technical feasibility studies
- Up to £1.5 million for industrial research
- Up to £800,000 for late-stage experimental development
Projects should last between one year and 18 months for early and late-stage and up to 3 years for industrial research projects.
All projects must be collaborative and include both a UK and eligible developing country partner.
The competition opened on the 11th July and will close of the following dates:
Industrial research award category
Registration – Noon, 26th October 2016
Apply – Noon, 2nd November 2016
Early and Late-Stage Awards
Registration – Noon, 25th January 2017
Apply – Noon, 1st February 2017
Please click here for any further information.